Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 2009

For about a week and a half now, I had Tyler stay home to get over his hacking cough and to avoid catching anything else so his ear infection will go away.  For the last few months most our days are spent shuttling from class to class, play dates, trips to Taichung or Taipei, so it was a nice change of pace just to stay put.  But after the umpteenth puzzle, the umpteenth story... Tyler and I had cabin fever.  I was still worried and reluctant to let Tyler go back to classes since his ear infection hasn't gone away, but Steve convinced me I couldn't keep Tyler in a bubble.  So back to classes he went last week.  Here are some pictures of our week back:
 
A beautiful day at Four Ways Farm in Miao Li - It felt like spring. Feeding the geese and Koi fish.

From Feb2009

Tyler's caterpillar - first day back in English class.
From Feb2009

Lantern Festival
From Feb2009

Teacher Pei Yu introduced Andy Warhol to the kids. Here's Tyler's rendition of pop art (on left).  Pop Art is called "pu pu" or literally translated "common common"- something new I learned.  Under Marilyn's picture it says Andy Warhol, the godfather of "pu pu".  =)
From Feb2009

Took Tyler to the Warhol exhibit at CKS Memorial.  I'm not a big fan of Warhol, but thought it would be interesting for Tyler to experience his first art exhibit.   
From Feb2009

No comments: